UPDATE: The video I mention in this blog is called: SPC240 – Understanding and Maintaining SharePoint Apps for IT Pros. It’s a must watch for anyone attempting to get this configured.
So I’ve done a couple of SharePoint 2013 App Catalog set-ups in the past couple of weeks, and I’d like to just quickly review my steps and outline one particular issue I ran into.
There are a few key articles out there for assistance with setting this up:
Mirjam’s post is the one I followed, opting for Option A, a separate App domain for my apps. However, I made one deviation, because the method in which she sets up the CNAME record for the apps domain did not work for me.
There’s a great session at SPConf that outlines the setup quite well and in that video, the presenter has you configure a Host (A) record instead. Doing this worked for me, so I ended up with something like:
I’d be interested in knowing why the documentation popping up around the web has us create a CNAME record, and what scenarios cause this to work over my method (because it must work for those individuals)…I don’t have these answers but I’ll do a bit more digging the next time I set this up and see if I can pinpoint the issue.
Also, don’t forget to setup a web application without a host header, on port 80.
If you have any problems setting yours up, get in touch, I’d like to help out and update this post with more helpful tips and tricks for getting this configured.