I’ve been working over the past few days with a custom workflow I’m building in Visual Studio 2005 that’s responsible for notifying users when specific criteria was met. Inside the workflow, I have a few sendEmail functions responsible for building the content within the email message:
sendEmail1.Body += "<font face="Arial">This is the body of my email.<br/><br/>"; sendEmail1.Body += "Adding some information for users that will describe some detail about this item.</font>";
The above worked well until I started to see some truncating in my emails. I did some comparisons and found that the truncating would occur when the character count exceeded 2048 characters. I figured this couldn’t be the limit for a string in .NET so I did a bit of digging around and finally discovered that the root of the issue was because I didn’t have any line breaks in my string: “rn”. Once I inserted those at specific intervals, the truncating disappeared.
Awesome! Hope this helps someone else out there.